Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Milking Pets?

Frequent novic CH discussions
Cyclone

Postby Cyclone » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:02 pm

I've never heard of blue milk. I only use top of the line brandy and canape. And Muon Gold when if the situation is tight...
\"Si vis pacem, para belum!\"

Master Swordsman,
Master Creature Handler,
Medic!
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:05 pm

Hmm...the /harvest milk command isn't working for me on pikets before or after they're dead....any suggestions?
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Motherslip

Re:

Postby Motherslip » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:01 pm

[quote:f55fba30e9=\"Phoenixflame Ampithere\"]I had an idea for milking pets. You buy a stable, and put a milkable pet into the stable, and the stable functions as an alternate datapad, freeing your datapad up for pets. The animals in your stable do not have the commands your pets do. they can only group, follow you, and (if your a high enough ch) follow other. The stable uses the format of a harvester to collect the milk, and your herd produces more if you take them out to graze. The amount of animals that can go in your stable is governed by the CL your at. ( a MCH could have 10 L7 Ikopi or 7 L10 Murras or 6 L11 Cu Pa ect.) Only milkables can go in a stable, and you have to tame the baby milkable on your pet datapad first and then transfer it into the stable. The animals in your herd can all be brought out at the same time as a pet or two. You could set a pet to /patrol and /guardherd. picture a Rancor or Kimogila surrounded by a herd of clingy Ikopi. Amusing, eh?

It also might be possible to use this format for a Nuna henhouse, or another egg harvester type thingy.

I think it would be fun.[/quote:f55fba30e9]

[b:f55fba30e9][color=yellow:f55fba30e9]YAY Phoenix!!!! I just wish we could HAVE stables!!! Anybody have ANY idea if that dream will ever come true????? I would love to see the \"animal husbandry\" idea become practical, and I think you are onto something Phoenix--me like! :lol: [/color:f55fba30e9][/b:f55fba30e9]
AKA TootsieDaWookie/Ithi Ok'a/L'essa Ru'Atha/Fewi Ik'Ra

Never met a creature I didn't like--well--except crawly ones--well--except stinky ones--well--I haven't met ALL of 'em, either------
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:48 pm

lol i had that idea a long time ago too :D... unfortunately it was pointless to even try :( i would love that tho
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:31 pm

and scouts need organics for glow-juice traps :)
Motherslip

Re:

Postby Motherslip » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:15 am

[quote:cbe153ecb8=\"Solvi\"]I think it is nesccesry to mask scent before milking unless you are wereing be mask scent clothes...as far as walking instead of running it has never seemed to be a problem for me in milking but i guess it might make them run away from you so you have to chase them first.[/quote:cbe153ecb8]

[color=yellow:cbe153ecb8]it also helps a lot to use your CH taming clothes...the critters don't spook at ya. :D[/color:cbe153ecb8]
AKA TootsieDaWookie/Ithi Ok'a/L'essa Ru'Atha/Fewi Ik'Ra

Never met a creature I didn't like--well--except crawly ones--well--except stinky ones--well--I haven't met ALL of 'em, either------
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:21 pm

petting the creatures helps usually. especially when it makes them lay down.

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”