Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Taming

Frequent novic CH discussions
Draven

Taming

Postby Draven » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:56 pm

I've just hit level 16 max creatures, and am at +15 taming wild creatures. So I thought I'd try my hand at taming a grassland slice hound (level 14). No can do. The TAME option doesn't come up on the radial menu. Ditto with a tabage, and that's a level 11! :shock:
I tried getting answers from SWG, but they said it was unavailable info that would ruin the game. What's up with that?! :x I just wanna know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug. :?

P.S. Sorry I changed the grassland slice hound level. I thought the info was wrong, but I see now it's something else.
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:01 am

Hi Draven... Welcome :)

You are level 16 CL, so you are a novice CH with two boxes trained, right? I'm not sure where you're getting the +15 taming wild and for that matter, what you mean by taming wild.

Both of the animals that you are trying to tame are vicious (they appear as red dots on the radar and will aggressively attack you if you get too close.) Taming vicious creatures requires not only the appropriate CL, but also the 'taming vicious' modifiers that start in the second tier of the taming branch. I believe Wookies have an inate modifier toward taming vicious, and there are clothes that can also modify it.

Anyway, if you look at your tame vicious mod and add 13 to it, you'll get a ballpark idea of what level aggressive creature you can tame. Clothing can modify it by up to +25 as well.
One tame at a time :)
Draven

Postby Draven » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:32 am

Many thanx, Zurlaboo :lol:
Eltheria

Postby Eltheria » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:49 pm

Yep when you can afford it, if you already can thats great, get yourself taming clothing with the +25 mod on it. A big helping hand those clothes can be :D
Wallach1

Postby Wallach1 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:56 am

Tell me about it, finally got a shirt with a +25 to vicious and wild, and i put in a skill tape, so it's +26. makes it very helpful.
Khales of the Family of Valor (FoV)
MCH
Intrepid Server

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”