Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

I don't have a clue how...

Frequent novic CH discussions
Master_Yoda_is_mad

I don't have a clue how...

Postby Master_Yoda_is_mad » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:06 am

[color=red:bae1e76c6e][/color:bae1e76c6e][size=18:bae1e76c6e][/size:bae1e76c6e]I don't have a clue wat to do on this site and i don't no how to get a animal
plz help me
Gortek

Postby Gortek » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:10 am

This site is for Creature Handlers and Bio-Engineers. Creature Handlers are able to go out into the wild, and tame baby versions of creatures that they find. Bio-Engineers are able to actually create creatures, using Genetic Engineering. To get an animal, you can either ask a Creature Handler to tame and train a creature for you (the Creature Level will be limited to 10) or you can become a Creature Handler yourself, and have a Creature Level limit of 70 (at master). To become a Creature Handler, you need to get Exploration 4 and Hunting 4 in the Scout Profession. Creature Handler is a fun profession, where you have a companion with you whenever you want, who will never flame or grief you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, and I'm sure that you will receive a quick response from the many good people here.
Gortek<-DH-> - Shadowfire
Teras Kasi
Creature Handler
Rifleman
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:22 am

And Bio-Engineer is fun if you like to travel and see the galaxy but not necessarily kill the biggest things you see. It requires Organic Chemistry 4 (from the Medic Profession) and Hunting 4 (from the Scout Profession). It's a crafting profession and there are those that don't care for crafting so it may not be your thing if you're not into that.

This site is also good for hunters as you can do a search for animals on a planet to find out which ones offer a certain type of meat or hide or bone. You can also do a search to find out what the toughest animal on the block is so you can go out to conquer the beast for bragging rights. You can also see the defenses of these animals so you can be better prepared with the proper weapons and damage types beforehand.

Have fun and be safe!
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:21 pm

If you have decided to pursue Creature Handling or Bio Engineer as a profession, let us know what server your character is on. Maybe someone who has some experience in those fields could hook up with you and get you started.

A word of warning though. Creature Handling is not a fast-track profession. It takes a lot of hard work, patience, and dedication to get master. Is it worth it? I'll bet 99% of the master Creature Handlers that you talk to will say yes, absolutely, the most fun I've ever had playing SWG.

It is one thrilling moment after another: Your first successful tame! Your first rare! Your first rancor! Your first mount! Naming your first pet! Watching the suns set behind the dunes of Tatooine with your dewback at your side singing his dewback songs LOL! Watching the radar in a whole new way (what is that yellow dot?) Screaming at your party members \"OMG! A BABY! DON'T KILL IT!!\" Chasing a delerious merek avenger all over Endor for an hour trying to tame it! Watching your pets grow up, get stronger, and become real fighters! Meeting a fellow CH and spending the next 60 minutes playing show-and-tell! Getting a BE'd Kimogila :) Learning every square inch of Dathomir whilst hunting the crown jewel of Creature Handling, the bull rancor!

The adventures go on and on. If that's what you want out of your time in SWG, I can't recommend it highly enough :)
One tame at a time :)
ZANDRAMADAS

Postby ZANDRAMADAS » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:45 am

OMG Zurlaboo, LOL ...Screaming \"A BABY OMG DON'T SHOOT!\" ...how many times have i said that LOL, and i'm still a rookie...1.1.1.1 LOL, but its true, it's probally the most fun i've had playing any game out there.

I have an update guys, when i first got CH, i tamed a Lesser Dewback for several friends, that was a RLmonth ago, we'll these guys are still tracking me down to go on my hunts with me LOL (Thank god for TKA body guards) i'm telling you Master_Yoda, Ch title will bring you more fun and friends than you can imagine....and i look at it as looking for babies, not grinding....OH i got my Veermok Hunter Sunday! YEAH...
ZANDRAMADAS
Master Scout/Creature Handler/Rifleman/Ranger
Corbantis server
Rare Tames =Jundland Eopie
BrianE HeadHunter

Postby BrianE HeadHunter » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:23 am

I would have to agree. I have had alot of fun being a CH, even though I am only at 2-4-1-3.
Its very rewarding when you tame hard to get pets. I still find myself getting excited when I have to try to tame a pet 3 to 4 times before I get it. Its like a holy cow I cant beleive I got it feeling.
Most people seem to support it aswell. When I am in a group most people let me try to tame before attacking, or let me know if they see a baby I dont.
If you like adventure instead of always doing destroy missions. CH is the way to go.
\"Do or do not there is no try!\".....Unless your a Bio-Engineer
Eltheria

Postby Eltheria » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:47 pm

lol @ the Don't kill the baby comment! I swear I have said that more than a few times :wink: Doing CH is totally for the fun factor. The other nite I chatted a bit with another CH in Theed. We met as we both were riding our Savage Humbaba's thru town :D The profession is fun and a big part of why I enjoy the game.
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:47 am

CH is so much fun because it's diferent for everyone. Some people get it for powerful pets, some get it for adventure, some get it for little friends. Me, I got it for the power pets but it has become for the friends. You become very attached to ur pets. Also, different people have different preferences of pets. I plan on taming as many pets bigger than a small house as posible. Back on the topic of \"OMG! A BABY!!! DON'T KILL IT!!\", I would suggest making a macro. lol. Have fun! :D
SHAZAM!

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”