Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

how do i become a tamer

Frequent novic CH discussions
Master_Yoda_is_mad

how do i become a tamer

Postby Master_Yoda_is_mad » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:33 am

[color=red:f4fc21c6be][/color:f4fc21c6be][size=18:f4fc21c6be][/size:f4fc21c6be]
how do i become a tamer and how do i get my stuff up to 4?
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:52 pm

To become a Creature Handler, you first have to find a Scout Trainer and ask him to train you as a novice scout. Once you are a novice scout, you have to grind scouting experience to 'level up' the first and third branches of your scout tree. You'll see at the top of them that it says 'to creature handler'. Once you've filled in all the boxes in those two branches, you can find a Creature Handler Trainer and train as a novice Creature Handler.

If you need information about game basics, like how to get experience, how to train, etc., you can always access your holocron (ctrl-H by default). Everything that you need to know is in there. Good luck to you :)
One tame at a time :)
Eltheria

Postby Eltheria » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:52 pm

With getting scout experience the key is to harvest every and all creatures you kill either solo or in a group. Also, when you get Explore 2 on the Scout tree you get the Very useful, can't live without Mask Scent ability. Keep that on all the time when you go into the wilds. Any dangerous critter that would aggro on you but doesn't because you have your Mask Scent up gets you Scout xp.
Wallach1

Postby Wallach1 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:48 am

couple ways you can do this. the first way is what they said previously. Now, this could get a bit long and tedious, I know some people love the quick way. So, here's what you can do. Hack away and harvest everything till you get Exploration II, then get some jawa beer. Head to dathomir, drink the beer and start your mask scent and ride from one outpost to the other.

Now, you might need to make a macro to help ya out when your mask scent is broken.

/dismount;
/pause 1;
/maskscent;
/pause 1;
/mount;

You have to have your bike selected to use that format, if you want you could use.

/dismount;
/pause 1;
/maskscent;
/pause 1;
/mount speederbike swoop; (or what ever your vehicle is called.)

this version, you don't have to have your bike selected.

The only thing you would have to worry about is getting trained when you cap out xp.
Khales of the Family of Valor (FoV)
MCH
Intrepid Server
Eltheria

Postby Eltheria » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:00 pm

Everytime a critter dectects me it says I can't reapply mask scent for x amt of seconds. Does the Jawa Beer make it so you can reapply the mask scent immediately?
Wallach1

Postby Wallach1 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:08 pm

no, what happens is when you get detected, you have to wait like 20 seconds to reapply it, I belive it's 20 seconds.

What the Jawa Beer does is give you a bonus to your maskscent ability, depending on the quality of the jawa beer. What you should do is use it in conjunction with some mask scent clothing.

it won't speed up the time between the detection and when you can mask scent again, but it should help you keep from getting detected as easily.
Khales of the Family of Valor (FoV)

MCH

Intrepid Server
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:35 pm

The higher your maskscent skill, the faster you can reapply it when it breaks.

As a master scout with +25 clothes, I can reapply in about 7 seconds.
hudsonbend

Postby hudsonbend » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:10 am

I am CH now, and I do not need scout xp, but I have found out a way that would have gotten me up the scout tree very fast. You need maskscent clothes and jawa beer, and then once u have that, go to tatooine, and to the squill caves. Basically walking around in there will get u thousands of scout xp in no time at all. You could probably get it in a matter of hours. and then if u add buffs and harvest them, it would go by even faster. If u try this out, I would like it if u replied and told me about how long it took u. thx.
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:52 pm

I remember somebody posting a similar thread several months ago, only they walked through Rancor Valley on Dathomir. Racked up enormous amounts of scout exp. Someone else did this by running through crimson razor cat lairs as well. I find myself keeping mask scent on all the time to grind exp to convert to FS. It's so effortless, it's like free experience :)
One tame at a time :)
lucian

Postby lucian » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:44 pm

Can you name some mask scent clothes?

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”