Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

What is the best animal for the most CH xp

Frequent novic CH discussions
Kriegan'shka

Postby Kriegan'shka » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:27 pm

Hi Chrakov ! is that a typo ? 1500 XP per enraged rancor ? I get 3500+ off a picket plainswalker. Do you mean 15000 xp ? I've killed enraged Rancors before, and Bulls, and even a few ancients. But I never really paid attention to how much XP I recieved from them. I was after their meat, and with a group and was just concentrating on staying alive..... :)
Iakimo
Field Biologist
Field Biologist
Location: Somewhere north of Bree. (\"Oh... real life? Erm... Huntsville, AL... I think...\")

RE: best creatures

Postby Iakimo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:53 am

[quote:d2dc4490f4=\"Blackhawk226\"]i reached x/ 4/x/x HAHAHA :twisted: i know u r copying this smiley guy :roll:[/quote:d2dc4490f4]

Cool! Congrats, Hawk!

I'm getting to where I'm fighting high-level creatures pretty frequently -- things like Nightsisters and the random Force-wielders on Dantooine. When I use a pet on them, I typically get a little over a thousand CH xp per NPC. My most frequent pet for this task is a graul mauler, because of their good kinetic resistance and ability to knock down their target's damage potential via Intimidate.

In general, I've found that if you match a creature to another creature of equivalent difficulty level, your XP will run about 200 XP per opponent. For example, when I sicc \"Sinatra\" (had to name him that, with that sickening growl they give) on another graul mauler, the CH xp is exactly 200 points. So I consider 400+ xp a pretty good number to shoot for, and am ecstatic when I can rack up a thousand XP per kill.

For grinding purposes (I'm doing the Force-sensitive grind), I'll pull up level-48 rancor lairs. Those generate an average of nine rancors per lair, three per spawn. CH xp averages from 450 to 490 per animal, typically a mix of adult rancors, gnarled rancors, and rancor youths, with one or two babies thrown into the mix. For this stage of my grind, I finally broke down and bought myself a bioengineered CL-32 razor cat with light armor and 60% kinetic resistance, and he is performing [i:d2dc4490f4]very[/i:d2dc4490f4] well. I can go through an entire lair and only use one or two pet-stim C's on him, and he'll weather the occasional battle with a random-spawn Enraged Rancor equally well. Those give me about 1100 CH xp per creature. My grind efficiency picked up noticeably after I hit on this combination. Add in another 750 Scout XP for harvesting from each rancor, and I'm making [i:d2dc4490f4]nice[/i:d2dc4490f4] progress in the Force-Sensitive Healing skill. I totaled it all up, then calculated what it all boils down to in FS xp: about 2100 Combat Prowess or Enhanced Reflexes xp, and about 1400 Heightened Senses xp per lair. Not bad at all for about 10 minutes' worth of work.
Iakimo Wioga, Jedi Padawan
Former Master Bounty Hunter/Master Creature Handler

SOE SUCKS!!!
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:39 am

My suggestion? Drive around on corilia away from cities. I did this for about 1 hour and got 30k xp. There are alot of babies out there just waiting to be tamed.
SHAZAM!

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”