Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

How do you know what level creature you can tame?

Frequent novic CH discussions
Mimiko

How do you know what level creature you can tame?

Postby Mimiko » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:23 pm

I'm a novice CH levels 1101 and I was wondering how you figure out which creatures you can tame. I've tamed a tusk cat on naboo thats level 16 and I went to corellia and I can't tame a grassland slice hound.

I'm confused. >'-'<
>'-'< meow!
xiriss

Postby xiriss » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:55 pm

check in yours skills window in the lower left hand corner is a skill mod box that lists all of your skill and what level you are on that particular skill
[img:9768354473]http://img121.exs.cx/img121/7882/crittersiggy2dw.jpg[/img:9768354473]
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:03 pm

Hi Mimiko and welcome :)

As a novice CH, you can tame creature challenge level 10 that are non-aggro (not aggressive, won't attack you unprovoked). Each of the tier 1 and tier 2 boxes add +2 to your CL. So at 1101, you are at CL 16 for non-aggro creatures (they appear as yellow dots on the radar, the red dots are aggressive.)

The best way to find out what you can tame is to use the advanced search engine at this website. Go to the main screen and find the search box on the top left. Click the advanced search hotlink under the box to bring up the search parameters. You want to put yes in the has babies box, 16 in the <= box, and non-aggressive in the aggro box. You can further narrow your search by planet, hide type, etc by playing with the other boxes. Advanced search is the best tool ever invented for the CH profession. :)

Another tip is that when you are looking at a baby and want to know if it's tamable, click on it and get the radial. If you can tame it, you'll see the tame option on the radial.
One tame at a time :)
Rydenn

Re:

Postby Rydenn » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:45 am

[quote:e81007e39c=\"hotspur\"]Go ctrl-s, in the middle on the left is a box with \"my skill mods\" click on that & scroll down to \"max lvl of pets\" the number after this is the max cl of pet you can tame.
Now do a search in swgcreatures for pets of that lvl & below. Viola, no more fruitless taming.
8)[/quote:e81007e39c]

What he said ^
:)
Juicer

Re:

Postby Juicer » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:05 am

[quote:61c4cba6d1=\"Zurlaboo\"]Hi Mimiko and welcome :)

As a novice CH, you can tame creature challenge level 10 that are non-aggro (not aggressive, won't attack you unprovoked). Each of the tier 1 and tier 2 boxes add +2 to your CL. So at 1101, you are at CL 16 for non-aggro creatures (they appear as yellow dots on the radar, the red dots are aggressive.)
[/quote:61c4cba6d1]

actually at Novice CH you can handle up to level 12, cuz with novice u get +2 levels :)
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”