Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

CH Progression

Frequent novic CH discussions
fightingcamel

CH Progression

Postby fightingcamel » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:50 am

Hello. Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. :)

I am currently at 2-2-1-1 as a novice creature handler and was wondering what the general consensus was on the best way to advance thru the creature handler tree.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kambul Kambul
Creature Handler - Pistoleer
(Ahazi)
velm

Postby velm » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:41 pm

what works best for me is to 'tank' it. Yup, I take the brunt of the damage, and send my pet in when what i am going after is at 1/3 - 1/4.

I prefer to get buffed and go to dant. 4/4/3/4, I use one of my smaller cats for most of the action, Razor Cat, or Greater Sludge Panther. With a Razor cat, lvl 22, I can get 600 xp per Rancor, 540 or so for a Rhoa Kwi Guardian. An Enraged Ranc can give 1300 with my Razor, and 1000 with a GSP.

Also, the payouts are not bad there.

As long as the pet gets one hit in, you get the xp for it.
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)
velm

Postby velm » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:10 pm

OOOOPs! realized I put Dant, instead of Dath. I think, as i read somewhere else, you will get to know Dath pretty well as a CH.

(time to go off on a tangent, i have spent HOURS in the riverlands of Corelia, walked from CNET up to Petersburg (a player city on BLoodfin), made a hard right for a while then straight up to Antioch (another Player city) in the upper right hand corner of the map. From there walked back to CNET, so I made a nice triangle. Being a 0/0/3/0 Ranger, the ONLY things I see are: Dire cats, Wrixs, Carrion Spats, Krabuus (or whatever they are called) Slice hounds, and Vynocks. I cannot wait for the day, when I see my first GPS. I have done just about the same thing on Endor, looking for the 'high end' cats. Oh, I can find HORDES of adults sunbathing, but not a single baby. Last time I was on Endor, saw about 20 adult Gurrecks in 5 groups of 4. I just KNOW some dev knew i was of lvl to tame one and was teasing me.)
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:06 pm

Also, training can be faster with a macro. like just train all the commands to blah then release with a macro like:

name: Trainblah

/tellpet blah
/pause 3
/m Trainblah

Then you just click the command to train....over and over
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”