Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Newbie CH wants to call two BE gurrecks

Frequent novic CH discussions
mediadiva

Newbie CH wants to call two BE gurrecks

Postby mediadiva » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:00 pm

Heya, I know CH has been nerfed to oblivioun so that dabblers dont use it but i am a dabbler and I dont care. I dont want to run around with a ranchor. I simply want the ability to walk around with two gurrecks. I prefer the smaller gurreck which i think is not the cowardly. I like the BE ones because you can alter the CL and stats etc..

What should I get on the CH tree to be able to handle to BE creates ones?? I am a master doc who is a novice TK, I plan on splitting my points between TK and CH. I heard I need managment 3 to handle two cats?? Why is that?? Shouldnt managment 1 allow me an extra pet??
- Starphire Elation & Tesra Elation (Tarquinas)
Tom Bobbins

Postby Tom Bobbins » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:46 am

No you need Creature Management 3.....if you read its description then you will see it says something like \"the CH now has the ability to call two pets\".
Tom
TomtheScout Bobbins
4-0-0-0 Brawler
4-0-4-0 in Scout
1-1-1-1 Medic
===========
2-2-2-3 in Creature Handler
0-0-0-1 Teras Kasi Novice
Eclipse Galaxy
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:51 am

Not only that, if you only go up the tree to management 3, you will only have pet levels +19, which means you could call 2 pets who's CL adds up to 19. One could be 10 and the other 9. Even adding Management 4 (cheapest skill point cost at that point) would only add 5 more, so you could have 2 CL 12 pets.

I think if you wanted to have gurrecks out, you would have to invest at least 1 more tree to do so, although I'm not positive.
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Zaax

Re: Newbie CH wants to call two BE gurrecks

Postby Zaax » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:42 pm

i am a dabbler also. i have novice comando, and most of medic and some survey and novice pistoleer, so i am maxed out with skill points at only novice ch. BUT:

my 5000+ ham BE gurrek was nerfed and ended up a lvl 17. so our BE made me a lvl 12 about 3000+ ham gurrek. (he is a very good BE) on my own i have tamed a lesser bol lol (850 ham)

i intend to slowly move up 3 boxes in CH until i get to lvl 19, that will let me use my original gurek and get a new one up to lvl 19.

i solo a lot so i need a tank, thats why i am doing this. one tank is really enough, but if you want to call two pets , seems to me youll have to comit to CH.

[quote:d89688a41f=\"mediadiva\"]Heya, I know CH has been nerfed to oblivioun so that dabblers dont use it but i am a dabbler and I dont care.
What should I get on the CH tree to be able to handle to BE creates ones?? I am a master doc who is a novice TK, I plan on splitting my points between TK and CH. I heard I need managment 3 to handle two cats?? Why is that?? Shouldnt managment 1 allow me an extra pet??[/quote:d89688a41f]
Locrum

Postby Locrum » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:56 pm

Wow, either BE's have become gods, or we're not talking the same gurreks. I've not been around for awhile, but Gurreks used to pack more punch than Rancors. Even the database lists em as CL 50, so there's zero chance of ever pulling two, even if you mastered. Now, if BE's can drop the CL from 50 down to 12? What am I missing?
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:26 pm

Locrum, BE creature types are simply shells. The BE combines the DNA and gets a template. It can be CL 10 or it can be CL 70.

They take this template then can put it into any of their available creature skins. It can be a durni or a kimogilla, but its CL is based on the template, not the creature as it used to be.

There are still some advantages to certain skins such as speed, size and whether considered vicious or wild, but mainly it is an aestetic choice.

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”