Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Ferocity Bug Finally fixed

General site discussion area
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:35 pm

great news!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Taime Sixx

Postby Taime Sixx » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:24 am

Ah, this probably explains whats been driving my pets nuts since the GCW mod (especially my BE narglatchs). Can get a little annoying when your trying to track a target and they're running off chasing everything in range.
velm

Postby velm » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:02 am

The problem with this 'fix' is that it affects our pets as much as the ones in the wild. I like the fact that 'aggresive' animals are now actually aggressive and attack things other than just me. It makes sense, why would that rancor just mill about his pile of rocks when there is a herd of tasty malklocs nearby? The problem I have is with the pets I have tamed. I do NOT expect it out of tamed pets. It is useless with commands, what good is 'Guard' if they are constantly running off?
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)
Taime Sixx

Postby Taime Sixx » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:31 pm

Whats the point in being an MCH if you can't control your pets due to the ferocity 'fix'. If you've tamed an animal and trained it, it should obey you. I hope this gets fixed soon, as it may become another reason for people not to want to do CH.
T'Ky

Postby T'Ky » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:33 am

it doesnt just seem to be aggressive pets, i have a lvl 10 guf drolg which goes running off willy-nilly to attack stuff. this pet shouldnt be aggressive as it is BE'd as a non-ch pet.

Also you see the cutesy-wutesy \"any more passive and they'd be dead\" creatures running around beating on each other.

I reckon this is a conspiracy.... you cant tame a pet or sample a pet while its fighting... so we'll make everything attack everything and put the CH and BE out of work. if the devs get every CH and BE to drop their proffs then they wont hear anymore complaining from them, and they can get back to the really important players, like the 14yo's who buy their jedi toons off ebay.
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:05 am

With the new aggression, I cannot really rely on my pets to bodyguard me when I go on DNA sampling trip... We need to be as stealthy as possible, but my pets wouldn't like to be quiet anymore.

The most annoying problem I had with the new aggression was when I went to help my guildie beat Mellichae for his padawan trial. We were trying to take out crystals one by one using conceal shots. As I followed our rifleman to guard him, my pet went directly to Mellichae and all hell broke loose... Luckily, we were able to beat Mellichae and his buddies and finished the quest, but I felt like a total newbie...
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:47 pm

Heh. I would get a non-aggressive BE pet to guard u while ur sampling...unless ALL pets are aggressive now? not just ferocious ones?
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Cyclone

Postby Cyclone » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:02 pm

What you can do is create a \"follow me\" looping macro. Just a suggestion...
\"Si vis pacem, para belum!\"

Master Swordsman,
Master Creature Handler,
Medic!

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”