Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Price of the new pets

General site discussion area
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:05 am

I have not tried to sell any yet, but my mount prices will be between 250-500k. All of my effort is in raising it, so that comprises the bulk of my time that needs compensation.

I am learning all the specials for myself, so training in those is free, if the customer wants them. The pet will already have the slots open and using /train is not very taxing, so I consider teaching abilities a part of the service, just like commands.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:20 pm

It may seem steep, but in the many hours it take to make a pet mountable, how much could I get running Bounty Hunter missions, especially if you include the price of the loot? Going by that, my mount costs are still a steal.
Jupiter 3

Postby Jupiter 3 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:27 pm

Torlenca, i agree that we need to be uniform with our prices,altho noobs are the biggest part of the market,especially seasoned players,but new characters. and those who are just starting out, will want the mounts;but more than [color=red:f6d175ce38]likely[/color:f6d175ce38] they dont have that many credits anyways. i knew it took me at least a month to earn 50k. it would be convienant to set up a newbie-sales 'program' or such. we would earn more small credits,and do less work in training. train a 'basic' standard for noob mounts,and raise the price upon request of special characteristics or creature 'requests'. i get alot of those. if you are a good salesman/woman then anyone with the extra credits could be persuaded to purchase a mount with a certaint amount of specials. and Kazzo, i think that
L1 ability 25k
L1 ability 35k
L1 ability 45k
L2 ability 175k
Natural ability 100k

Grand Total: 380k
Is fair. those who have the credits for anything other than a noob creature,as im coming to call them, he/she will be more than happy to pay alittle over a quarter million credits for fully trained pets plus fees for special request or fees for the hastle involed in taiming the creature,whether they requested it or not;they are buying it. the minumum purchase is 100k. and as far as the noob (non-ch) mounts...a very basic,easy,unpopular tame with high level; an easy 30k. since the noobs can only use pets untill the pets get to a certian level (not sure if its still that way since new updates),and knowing the fact the most noobs will get themselves killed within the first month; the low price is compensation in the fact that they will be coming back pretty soon for a new pet,whether they got it killed or just want somthing better. More small sales, and the typical amount of large sales (in the sense that people who have the credits will buy top-end pets {offcoarse} plus more expierienced players would want somthing more than a noob pet,people will eventually spend more for better.) well just what im basing my sales on..just got back into the game (literally) i was away for a while and had my account expired.
Jupiter 3

Postby Jupiter 3 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:27 pm

Torlenca, i agree that we need to be uniform with our prices,altho noobs are the biggest part of the market,especially seasoned players,but new characters. and those who are just starting out, will want the mounts;but more than [color=red:64580f78df]likely[/color:64580f78df] they dont have that many credits anyways. i knew it took me at least a month to earn 50k. it would be convienant to set up a newbie-sales 'program' or such. we would earn more small credits,and do less work in training. train a 'basic' standard for noob mounts,and raise the price upon request of special characteristics or creature 'requests'. i get alot of those. if you are a good salesman/woman then anyone with the extra credits could be persuaded to purchase a mount with a certaint amount of specials. and Kazzo, i think that
L1 ability 25k
L1 ability 35k
L1 ability 45k
L2 ability 175k
Natural ability 100k

Grand Total: 380k
Is fair. those who have the credits for anything other than a noob creature,as im coming to call them, he/she will be more than happy to pay alittle over a quarter million credits for fully trained pets plus fees for special request or fees for the hastle involed in taiming the creature,whether they requested it or not;they are buying it. the minumum purchase is 100k. and as far as the noob (non-ch) mounts...a very basic,easy,unpopular tame with high level; an easy 30k. since the noobs can only use pets untill the pets get to a certian level (not sure if its still that way since new updates),and knowing the fact the most noobs will get themselves killed within the first month; the low price is compensation in the fact that they will be coming back pretty soon for a new pet,whether they got it killed or just want somthing better. More small sales, and the typical amount of large sales (in the sense that people who have the credits will buy top-end pets {offcoarse} plus more expierienced players would want somthing more than a noob pet,people will eventually spend more for better.) well just what im basing my sales on..just got back into the game (literally) i was away for a while and had my account expired.

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”