Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Beast Master Expertise System

General site discussion area
TIE
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Beast Master Expertise System

Postby TIE » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:49 pm

[url]http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=264453[/url]

Here it comes! :shock:

\"As a follow-up to the Producers� Letter that we just posted, we are happy to also reveal our plans for Chapter 6, that we have scheduled for release in a few weeks. We�re excited to announce that this Chapter will be anchored by the new Beast Master expertise system that will be available to all players. We are very excited by what the design team has put together for Chapter 6, and we hope that you will take the time to read through the material and let us know what you think. Thomas �Blixtev� Blair and some of the other designers will be manning this thread to answer questions for the rest of the day. I ask that you limit your questions here to Chapter 6 for now.

Beast Master Expertise System:

Beast Master will contain several phases and several mini-games that will be available to all players, regardless of profession or level, through a third expertise tree. Initially, players will have to spend an expertise point on the �Incubation� skill, which will give them the ability to set up an Incubator unit in their home or player structure to create their own unique pet. After the Incubator unit is established players can head out into the wild, find a creature, and extract a sample of its DNA core. Once a player has this DNA core material and loads it into their Incubator, they can begin the process of creating their unique pet. By fiddling with a series of settings in the new incubation interface and choosing some optional enhancements, the player is able to customize their pet. Players can make the pet better able to do damage, more defensive, etc. Over a period of time, using this interface, players will acquire more ways to customize their pet through multiple sessions. Once the final session occurs, the player has an option to turn their creation into an egg. These eggs can be hatched for use by the player, or traded to others it if they so desire. Once the pet has been hatched however, it cannot be traded, so it becomes the player�s to raise.

After the pet hatches, it will go through various growth stages as it gains experience with the player. Each stage will cause it to grow and learn more abilities. Through adventuring, players will learn new abilities from wild creatures that they can then teach to their pet, for example, the nasty special attacks of the Dune Kimos. Players will, however, need to ensure their pet stays happy, or it may start being disobedient or wander off. Based on the pet type, it may have a favorite toy, favorite food or a favorite planet.

In addition, we are working to ensure that the pets currently in the inventories of our veteran players will retain their appearances and names. However, the details on how pre-existing pets will be able to be used in combat are still be ironed out, so we encourage you to give us your thoughts and feedback on how you would like to see this system work.\"

Finally can have pets again and now everyone can have them! :D
Master Pikewoman, 8)
Master Creature Handler,
A little bit of Medic,
Oh and don't forget some scout!
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:49 am

Bah, I aint going back. They're just trying to lure us back with a shoddy remake of BE/CH while removing that wich made elder CH's special.
SHAZAM!
Black-Mamba

Re:

Postby Black-Mamba » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:18 pm

[quote:be09b6a1e0=\"martyk\"]Bah, I aint going back. They're just trying to lure us back with a shoddy remake of BE/CH while removing that wich made elder CH's special.[/quote:be09b6a1e0]

Correct, there is no replacing the original professions.
TIE
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Postby TIE » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:22 pm

You are both true. Nothing can replace the old CH way. This is just proff that SWG keeps adjusting back to Pre CU. I still enjoy the official SWG and this is a nice change of pace. :)
Master Pikewoman, 8)

Master Creature Handler,

A little bit of Medic,

Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:02 pm

Hrmm... interesting =)
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Rasal

Postby Rasal » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:28 pm

I'm actually looking forward to the implementation. And I hope this site adapts to it.
martyk

Postby martyk » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:51 am

We probably won't as we're looking into adapting to the emulator. There is simply greater demand in the pre-cu environment for a database directed at CH and BE.
SHAZAM!
Rasal

Re:

Postby Rasal » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:50 pm

[quote:8840d8109a=\"martyk\"]We probably won't as we're looking into adapting to the emulator. There is simply greater demand in the pre-cu environment for a database directed at CH and BE.[/quote:8840d8109a]I was hoping there would be a supportive base here for the new BM code...there's such a wealth of creature knowledge here, it'd be a shame not to cater to you SWGEMU people and current SWG players.

But, admins can do as they wish.
Jorssk

Postby Jorssk » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:44 am

Beastmaster system will be live in next chapter 6. Well I hoping it will be fun with pets again. Maybe someone can update this page for more beasmaster info.
Master Bounty Hunter, Master Creature Handler

Eclipse - Jorssk Kelas
TIE
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Postby TIE » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:35 pm

Haha here is a little sneak peak by SOE.

[url]http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/players/content.vm?id=66933&resource=features[/url]

I also heard that one doesnt have to mutate their creature but can keep the creature as the origional breed.
Master Pikewoman, 8)

Master Creature Handler,

A little bit of Medic,

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”